Our skateboard decks are pressed in our shop with multiple layers of FCS certified maple veneers at the core and decorative, bookmatched veneers on the top and bottom. Make one of our tried and true shapes or create your own unique shape out of the supplied rectangular blank. Our skateboard kits include everything you need to build a beautiful, one of a kind skateboard, except tools and the space to build it.
While some woodworking experience can be helpful, if you’re good with your hands, can work carefully with an attention to detail and follow written instructions, you should be able to tackle this project with great success. Most people take 3-5 hours of hands-on time to complete a board and have it ready to ride. You can get your board shaped and sanded with the truck holes and ready for finish in 2-3 hours. Finishing goes quickly but there is some dying time to account for. We know that you’ll love the feeling of hitting the pavement on a Homegrown Skateboard Kit you built yourself.
Included with our Skateboard Kits:
- One of a kind, pre-pressed deck blank
- Paris Trucks (180 mm for the Longboards and 150mm for the cruiser) in black or silver
- Bones Reds bearings and spacers
- Carver Roundhouse Ecothane (soy based, non-petroleum) wheels (70mm 81a for the longboards and 65mm 81a for the cruiser)
- Black Diamond grip tape (clear or black)
- Water based spar varnish for finishing
- Finishing guide
- Comprehensive downloadable manual
List of tools you will need:
- Jig saw or band saw
- Block plane or spokeshave
- Belt sander or other power sander (optional)
- 80 grit and 120 grit sandpaper
- Power Drill
- 3/16” drill bit
- Counter sink bit
- Utility knife
- Skate tool or socket set + Philips screwdriver
*Once you place your order, we will reach out to you to customize your kit, and discuss wood options, truck colors, etc.
**Price includes flat rate $30 for shipping. Kits will be shipped from our Amagansett NY location.
INTERNATIONAL ORDERS BY EMAIL OR PHONE ONLY